   RE: [xml-dev] Default namespace (was Re: URIs, concrete (was Re:Un-askth

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Aaron Skonnard wrote:

> > > Well, that is one application of the default namespace.  But I would
> get
> > > very tired of creating new mono-namespace (or nearly so) documents
> > > without this particular minimization.
> > >

> > J. David Eisenberg  http://catcode.com/:
> >
> > Amen to that. I would hate to have to update all my XHTML files with
> > a prefix on every single tag, no matter if the prefix were only one
> > letter long.
>
> So let XSLT do it for you.
>
> -aaron
> http://staff.develop.com/aarons

<sarcasm type="uncalled-for">Oh, joy.</sarcasm>

If I have to create separate files, it's yet another set of files to keep
track of. More important, it's yet another step between my ideas and the
reader's screen/page.

If the transform happens dynamically on the server side, it's an extra
load on the server. In both cases, it consumes more bandwidth. Minor, that
is, except for heavily trafficked sites which need to keep bandwidth
expenses to a minimum.

I am perfectly willing to admit that the preceding is a narrow, selfish
position, which does not take the "long view" of XML's True Purpose.

--
J. David Eisenberg http://catcode.com/