   RE: [xml-dev] Markup perspective not code (wasRE: [xml-dev] Re: URIs, co

Hi,

It seems that we are loosing perspective here. XSLFO is a programming
language more particularly a domain programming language. The whole
spectrum of programming languages is quite broad. This polarity between
programmer and markup language authors is, the least I can say, a bit
insane doesn't it?

Some markup based languages like XSLT are border line between procedural
and functional, some like XSLFO are different since it does not use
procedures or functions but it defines the graphical objects structure.
And even if some in this list do not like it, but XSLFO is defining a
hierarchy of objects and these object have properties, idem for HTML,
SVG, VoiceXML, SMIL and most of the markup based "rendering languages".
We can envision or at least think of the possibility that the actual
success of markup languages is particularly suited to define object
hierarchies (off course based on the observation on how markup is used
to define rendering languages).

Please dear fellow colleague, I would prefer to read less political
brain damaging arguments and would prefer to read more constructive
thinking. Polarization like we're the best and they are the evils leads
to destructive behavior and does not help build this world doesn't it?.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin