   Re: [xml-dev] XML Core WG needs input on xml:lang=""

Michael Kay scripsit:

> I believe the I18N folks have already decreed that we are not allowed to
> use languages that have not been officially endorsed by whoever sets
> themselves up to decide these things.

If you have a language for which there is no RFC 3066 tag, you just
go to ietf-languages@alvestrand.no and propose it according to the
form appearing in RFC 3066.  Nothing to it.  If there's no problem
with the registration, the language tag becomes legitimate and is sent
to IANA to register, and that's that.

No cabals here.

--
John Cowan        http://www.ccil.org/~cowan          jcowan@reutershealth.com
Please leave your values        |       Check your assumptions.  In fact,