   Better understand the state of the art

Hi,

My last call about the semantic web got several Reponses, From the responses I am inclined to conclude that it is still a dream and not yet a reality. The referred ftrain article is a good SciFi story but where are all these RDF documents providing some information about the web’s content? And if the semantic web happens behind the curtains of intranets then we’ll have to wait that that someone make a breach in the corporate walls to examine the beast.

Now an other topic:

In order to differentiate between fiction and reality (this is my theme since several weeks), I am collecting some info about XML document types. Something resembling the ATA doctype. What I am looking for are document definition currently used to publish content. Not data but more knowledge. In your response can you mention if this doctype is used for internal usage, information exchange between business partners or for public publication. The goal is to document the actual usage of XML as a tool to encode information. Did you selected an XML based language in order to separate the content form the view? Are you using XSLT to transform the model into views?

Thanks in advance

Didier PH Martin