   Re: RE: [xml-dev] Quick, Easy Namespace Question

>>elementFormDefault is what controls whether local elements belong to the
target namespace or not. This is orthogonal to whether they are locally
or globally declared elements.<<

Dare is absolutely right, but I am not sure they are exactly orthogonal--
the two are somewhat related as Global elements must be qualified and local
elements are simply defaulted to the value of elementFormDefault. What you
want to do is set the default to qualified as you have done. Then in the
declaration of your local element MyElement set the form attribute to
unqualified-- meaning that the element you are declaring does not use the
default. In Beginning XML 2E we cover this area, as it is a common sticking
point for XML Schema users. Chapter 6, the intro to XML Schemas is available
as a sample chapter online [1].

[1] http://www.perfectxml.com/wp/readchap.asp?CurBook=36

Cheers,
Jeff Rafter
Defined Systems
http://www.defined.net
XML Development and Developer Web Hosting