   Re: XMLSchema.dtd not fully defined?

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Re: XMLSchema.dtd not fully defined?
  • From: Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 23:14:06 +0100 (BST)
  • Cc:

>I am getting attributes like xmlns:msdata

Well that's a namespace declaration, and it's a general problem with
DTDs that they can't always anticipate the namespace declarations
that will be needed.  You can fix this by declaring them in the
internal subset.

Something like

  <!DOCTYPE xs:schema SYSTEM "my-copy-of-the-schema-dtd" [
  <!ATTLIST xs:schema xmlns:msdata CDATA #IMPLIED>
  ]>

(assuming the attribute is on the schema element).

>and msdata

I have no idea what that would be doing there.

-- Richard