   Current Status of Web Services Transaction?

Hello,

  I have read lots of materials related to Web Services transaction.
One typical example is a SOAP client want to create an account which
is a single distributed transaction to create account on both the CRM
and Accounting databases with a WS interface[From IBM dependency
sphere]

  However, I really get lost on the current status of Web Services
transaction.  The main reason is that there "seems" lots of different
kinds of solutions like OASIS BTP, W3C TIP, JTS, 2Phrase-commit, IBM
transactional attitudes, etc.  In my knowledge, I group them into four
areas for ease of discussions.

1)BTP and TIP seems work on the "message format" to establish web
services transaction, especially on long-spanning transactions.

2)JTS and CORBA work on traditionally distributed object transaction.

3)2PC is a controversial item which may or may not suitable for the
web service paradigm.

4)IBM TA establish a mediator to control the transaction.

  When I read for more "solutions", I get much confuse.  For example,
(1) seems  designated for establishing WS transactions, if that's
true, what's its pros and cons? What's its difference with (4)?

  How about (2)?  (2) seems to be not well suited into the WS paradigm,
but why?  Also, what's it different with (1)?

  Walter Perry has posted a discussion archived on ASPN discussing why
2PC(3) not work on WS paradigm.  But there lots of software companies
try to modify 2PC on WS platform.  Like Walter Perry, I agree that 2PC
cannot directly use on WS, but how about the modification on 2PC?  2PC
seems still work if we can solve the long-spanning transaction and
blocking problems.

  Sorry for my long posting, but could anyone can clear up my
chaos?  I really want to know the difference between 1,2,3 and 4.  Or
can they work together?  Please correct me if my concepts are wrong.

Best Regards,
  Eric