   Re: [xml-dev] W3C XFrames - first public WD published

[ speaking only for myself, not reqresenting anyone else ]

Just for your amusement ...

Currently these drafts don't include a DTD or whatsoever.  Just out of
curiosity, I wrote experimental schemas for them.

"Sebastian Schnitzenbaumer" <schnitz@mozquito.com> wrote:

> Just to let everyone know, the W3C today released the first
> public working draft of XFrames:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xframes/

  In DTD:
    http://www.w3.org/People/mimasa/test/schemas/DTD/xframes-1.dtd

  and accompanying XFrames QName Module:
    http://www.w3.org/People/mimasa/test/schemas/DTD/xframes-qname-1.mod

  In RELAX NG:

    http://www.w3.org/People/mimasa/test/schemas/rng/xframes-1.rng

  In XML Schema:

    http://www.w3.org/People/mimasa/test/schemas/SCHEMA/xframes-1.xsd

These are purely my personal experiments, and SHALL NOT be considered
as an official work of the W3C HTML Working Group in any way.

> It is anticipated to replace frames in a future version of
> XHTML, perhaps XHTML 2, another fresh new WD:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/

I also wrote a modular RELAX NG schema for XHTML 2.0, available at:

    http://www.w3.org/People/mimasa/test/schemas/rng/xhtml2.rng

It includes schemas for Ruby Annotation and XML Events, but currently
XForms is completely missing.

There's also an auxiliary schema to check nesting of the line element:

    http://www.w3.org/People/mimasa/test/schemas/rng/xhtml2-exclude-line.rng

This schema is intended to be used _in addition to_ xhtml2.rng.

I'm sure these schemas contain errors, and I make no commitment for
the maintenance of these schemas.  Those may be updated, replaced,
removed, or obsoleted by other schemas at any time.  Again, this is
not at all an official work of the W3C HTML Working Group in any way.

You have been warned ... hopefully those schemas could help you to
play with these specs.

Thanks,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa