   RE: [xml-dev] W3C XFrames - first public WD published

At 09:20 AM 8/6/2002 -0700, Dare Obasanjo wrote:
>Just out of curiosity, does anyone else wonder why there is an XHTML 2.0
>when XHTML 1.0 doesn't seem to have caught on? Anyone involved with it
>care to chime in?

Maybe they're hoping that Microsoft will takes steps to recognize and
possibly even implement a 2.0?  That 1.0 and 1.1 were just too low a
version number?

1.0 and 1.1 were pretty much just codifications of existing HTML 4.0
practice redone using XML syntax.  2.0 should be a big step forward from that.

Simon St.Laurent
"Every day in every way I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue