   Re: Word and XML was RE: [xml-dev] XML APIs - What's next?

8/6/2002 2:15:43 PM, "Hodder, Ed" <Ed.Hodder@Bowne.com> wrote:

>I've been trying to find some info on XML adoption in Word and have been
>striking out. Do you know, offhand, where an overview may be hidden

I'm not quite sure what you're asking.  There are a whole raft of Word
plugins that do DTD-aware XML authoring/import/export, most notably
AFAIK http://www.i4i.com/ and http://www.hvltd.com/

As for some future version of Word doing that natively, I can't recall
where I recently saw speculation / discussion of MS's plans that
hinted that such a thing is on the horizon.
Some weblog I stumbled on recently, but I can'f find it now ...
Trade press articles such as
http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/02/08/05/020805hnofficetool.xml
just say things like "weaving XML into the core of Office 11".