   Re: [xml-dev] Iceberg development (was Re: [xml-dev] maps)

> I have to admire the evil genius of a man who can pursue both sides of a
> debate...
>
> I was thinking of something similar, but still perhaps compatible with
> Namespaces in XML:
>
> <myns:root
>     xmlns:myns="http://www.example.com/myns";
>     xmlns:tmltype="http://www.tmltypes.org";
>     tmltype:int="http://www.tmltypes.org/integer";
>     tmltype:boolean="http://www.tmltype.org/boolean";>
> 	<myns:foo  boolean:flag="true"/>
>                 <myns:int:fum>1234</myns:int:fum>
> </myns>
>
> I believe the double colons to be legal,

Nah.  This docuemnt is not XMLNS well formed.

A QName comprises an ncname, optionally preceded by another ncname then a
colon.  ncname means "No Colon name" (or Non-proCtological name ? ;-) ).  So
you can never have more than one colon in an XMLNS WF element or attribute
name.

Track chair, XML/Web Services One Boston: http://www.xmlconference.com/
Basic XML and RDF techniques for knowledge management, Part 7 -
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think12.html
Keeping pace with James Clark - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/libra
ry/x-jclark.html
Python and XML development using 4Suite, Part 3: 4RDF -
http://www-105.ibm.com/developerworks/education.nsf/xml-onlinecourse-bytitle/8A
1EA5A2CF4621C386256BBB006F4CEC