   Re: [xml-dev] XSL Transform special character into <break>

Karl Stubsjoen wrote:
> Hello,  I am using the pipe character within XML data to indicate a line
> return.  The XML data is generated from a form element in VB, I have
> voluntarily transformed carriage returns to pipe characters.
> I am using XSL to transform this XML document into an HTML page for review
> by the user.  I would like to transform the pipe character into an HTML tag
> "<br />".
>
> How can I do this using XSL?

Ask general XSLT questions on xsl-list, not xml-dev.

The answer to your problem is a variation of
http://skew.org/xml/stylesheets/linefeed2br/

Replace the two '&#xA;' references in the lf2br template with '|'.

   - Mike
  mike j. brown                   |  xml/xslt: http://skew.org/xml/
  denver/boulder, colorado, usa   |  resume: http://skew.org/~mike/resume/