From: J. David Eisenberg [mailto:catcode@catcode.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 6:52 AM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] W3C XFrames - first public WD published

Let me see if I have this correct:

   1.  To place two documents next to each other, you specify

OLD WAY (framesets)			NEW WAY (XFrames)
<frameset cols="50%,*">			<row>
   <frame />				   <frame />
   <frame />				   <frame />
</frameset>				</row>

   2. To put two documents one above the other, you specify

OLD WAY (framesets)			NEW WAY (XFrames)
<frameset rows="50%,*">			<column>
   <frame />				   <frame />
   <frame />				   <frame />
</frameset>				</column>

Out of habit, I have gotten used to seeing two frames next
to each other as two columns; now it is one row with two frames.
I have gotten used to seeing two frames above one another as
two separate rows; now it is a column with two frames in it.

I realize that this now makes things more consistent with table notation,
but you think this will confuse anyone else, or even bother them for more
than a millisecond?

--
J. David Eisenberg  http://catcode.com/