   Re: [xml-dev] IE6, XSL and The Web (was: RE: [xml-dev] What the .... ?Re

[Sebastian Schnitzenbaumer]

> Jim, first of all, thank you so much for the pointers.
>
> This is just awful. It really hurts. This essentially nukes
> an entire branch of applications. It prevents us now from
> fully taking advantage of the seperation between data
> and presentation.
>
> It is a feature, not a bug, to have data and presentation
> in different locations, different locations *on the web*.
> And this feature is so much bigger than allowing some
> script hacking inside XSL thru <msxsl:script>.
>
> I'm angry, frustrated and very sad about this observation,

It may not have to be so bad.  You can write a driver xml file in the same
directory as the stylesheet, then pull in all the xml pieces from elsewhere
using document() in the stylesheet.  I have not tried that cross-domain, but
it seems like a reasonable possibility.

Cheers,

Tom P