   Re: [xml-dev] XHTML 2.0 and the death of XLink and XPointer?

In a message dated 09/08/2002 14:43:28 GMT Daylight Time, jeffrafter@defined.net writes:

> There are many more questions which could be posed about the place of
> XLink/XPointer and XHTML links. In the first instance it might be useful
> know why the XHTML WG is taking this approach and if this potentially
duplic
> ate functionality makes sense to the TAG.

This same discussion has been raging on a couple of other lists (XHTML-L
included). But, for the most part XHTML-L was told that the group would be
coming out with a new note that explained all of this. We are all waiting
with baited breath...

Jeff,

I think you should continue breathing normally. :) ... It's a more sustainable variant of respiration.

At
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-linking-comments/2002JanMar/0056.html
Henry Thomson wrote, "
The future of the XML Linking WG is bound up with that of the XMLactivity as a whole, whose charter within the W3C is due for renewal.I expect a public statement on this Real Soon Now."

As of a few minutes ago the XML Activity page (http://www.w3.org/XML/Activity.html) still referred using the future tense to some charters expiring in May 2002.

If I missed the public statement that indicates/impacts on the future of XLink and/or the XLink WG could someone please point me to a relevant URL? Thanks.

Andrew Watt