   RE: [xml-dev] Comparable considered necessary

  • To: "Manos Batsis" <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Comparable considered necessary
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 01:20:07 -0700
  • Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

You miss the point. An identifier is not a location.

I could quite easily come up with two schemas, one with a target namespace of http://www.25hoursaday.com that describes myself as a GA Tech alumni and http://WWW.25hoursaday.COM which describes my CD collection. Now there is no question that both of these URLs refer to the same location on the web yet  neither is there any question that they identify different things.