   Re: [xml-dev] quarantining namespaces

Simon St.Laurent wrote:
 > We've had a few fine moments come out of the discussion, though RDDL
 > is the only solid result I can think of - and it (alas) hasn't taken
 > the world by storm either.

I'm not seeing much advocacy for it either, it won't "just happen". I
think people also need to see examples of it put to use beyond the nice
idea situation.

 > Might it make sense to move namespace discussions to a forum of their
 > own?

I fully agree, it's well past time we tried to put that to rest once and
for all.

 > This proved painfully useful during the relative URI reference
 > discussion, though I think that list has been shut down to
 > archive-only. (I can't raise http://lists.w3.org today; someone please
 > correct me if I'm wrong.)

As far as I can tell it's still available, though it appears to only be
used for spam and questions headed the wrong way.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway