   RE: [xml-dev] Comparable considered necessary

So what does this have to do with URIs? The fact that HTTP is now a much abused, overused, Jack-of-all-trades protocol is not to me an indication that URIs serve any useful purpose let alone being more useful than URLs.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Paul Prescod [mailto:paul@prescod.net]
	Sent: Mon 8/12/2002 8:57 AM
	To: Simon St.Laurent; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
	Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Comparable considered necessary

	There are actually relatively few widely deployed URI schemes. Every day
	there is a proposal for a new one but the HTTP transport truck just
	keeps rolling over them. Some will see this as a bad thing but I see it
	as the key thing that keeps the Web unified.
	--
	"When I walk on the floor for the final execution, I'll wear a denim
	suit. I'll walk in there like Willie Nelson, John Wayne, Will Smith