   P2P and URIs

People often think that P2P and the web architecture do not fit but
there is a wicked bit of Python programming called "BitTorrent" that
serves HTTP-URI-addressed information in a peer-to-peer manner that
totally reduces processor load on the machine serving the canonical
representation. Presumably BitTorrent treats a URL as an identifier: it
looks around to see who else has the Identified information and streams
you the bits from that alternate Location. It is great how well it fits
into and extends existing web architecture by recognizing that sometimes
an HTTP URL does not have to be treated as procedural code.
--
"When I walk on the floor for the final execution, I'll wear a denim
suit. I'll walk in there like Willie Nelson, John Wayne, Will Smith