   XLink and XML specs (was Re: [xml-dev] XHTML 2.0 and the death ofXLink

8/13/2002 1:34:19 PM, Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com> wrote:

>Anyhow, all this is history.  XLink exists.  Someone needs to decide
>whether it is fatally flawed and should be deprecated, and if not,
>whether it has a useful domain of application, and if so, whether W3C
>specifications in that domain ought to be pressured to use it.  I
>suggest that is is a more productive line of discussion, and I believe
>it's one that the TAG is going to take up in the not-too-distant future.

OK, I'll bite: IMHO the TAG should not pressure WGs to accept any
technology that is not well-proven to be fully implementable,
useful and interoperable in real software systems.

I suspect the discussion of XLink would be very short if those
criteria were accepted :~)