   Re: [xml-dev] Pushing SAX events out onto the Web?

Roger Costello writes:
> I have a situation where I would like to stream SAX events across the
> Web.  That is, I have a SAX parser running somewhere on the Web.  I
want
> it to push the events out onto the Web.  I want an event handler,
> somewhere else on the Web, to catch those events:
>
>  ------------                       -------------    -------------
>  |           |                      |           |    |           |
>  |   Event   |<---------------------| XMLReader |<---|    XML    |
>  |  Handler  |          Web         |           |    |           |
>  |           |                      -------------    -------------
>  -------------
>
> Has anyone done this?  Has anyone created, perhaps, a Web-based
> XMLFilterImpl that interacts with a Web-based XMLReader?  /Roger

I've thought about this as a possibility for Markup Object Events (MOE -
http://moe.sourceforge.net), which has a much simpler API for passing
objects, though the objects themselves have internal structure.  MOE
supports SAX-in/SAX-out, so that's an option, but I haven't had time to
explore passing the objects across a network.

I suspect you could write wrappers for the SAX API, but I'm not sure it
would be much fun.
--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!