   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Can XLink be fixed?

Tim Bray writes:
> It gets more interesting when you add

>    <src type="thumbnail" xlink:href="whateverTN.gif" />
>    <longdesc xml:lang="JA-jp" xlink:href="expl-nihongo.html" />

Sure - if and only if people actually use that functionality.

It's not clear to me that XLink directly supports this kind of linking -
this doesn't feel like a clear multidirectional complex link to me - so
I'm not sure the claim of a generic linking system is that strong.

> > I'm not sure I feel confident, however, that it's the one and only
> > correct answer.
>
> No more am I.  But it feels quite a bit cleaner than what we have now.

It may feel cleaner, but I don't yet think it's time to say we're done.

I miss XArc (http://jfinity.com/xarc/spec-current/index.html)  if we
want to talk about clean.

--
Simon St.Laurent