   RE: [xml-dev] XML, hypertext

Just in case Groves make a return, and I think they will, Graham Moore has
started a Java implementation at http://sourceforge.net/projects/grove4j/
There is nothing there yet, but soon, I think, Graham will have the
interface APIs in CVS in order to begin the development.

At the same time, I think Eric Freese and others may be bringing up a
Python open source Grove engine.

All of this got catalyzed by Steven Newcomb's talk at Extreme Markup.

Cheers
Jack

At 11:19 AM 8/16/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Time to pull out the Dexter reference model and review?
>
>Will we end up back at Groves again?
>
>len
>

>From: Bob DuCharme [mailto:bobdc@snee.com]
>
>Maybe a good working definition of hyper(text/link/media) is something we
>need to start with, if that's what we're building around. The XLink Rec
>(and despite my complaints about the it, I do like its definitions)
>defines a hyperlink as "a link that is intended primarily for presentation
>to a human user," which sounds pretty presentation-oriented to me!

XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.

NexistWiki
http://www.nexist.org/wiki/