   RE: [xml-dev] WXS acronym?

> WXS  => W3C XML Schema
> XSDL => XML Schema Definition Language
>
> Which one gives a more accurate picture of the technology?

Accuracy after publicity makes little sense in my opinion.  I use XSD
over the fullname as well as WXS and XSDL primarily because:

a) 'XML Schema' is too generic.  Note that, going by W3C site, full name
appears to be 'XML Schema', and not 'W3C XML Schema'.  Also, other spec
names are not prefixed with 'W3C', so I don't think it makes sense to do
so for XSD.  But then without 'W3C' prefix, its too generic, so I use
XSD over anything else.

b) XSD is what people were using before this WXS popped up.

c) Most importantly, XSD is what people are using as file extension
currently, so switching over to WXS at this point will only promote
confusion.

XSD is XSD and that is that.

Best,

Don Park