   RE: [xml-dev] XHTML 2.0 and the death of XLink and XPointer?

Tim Bray wrote:

> Chris' statement of the history is pretty fair.  I
> personally ended up coming down against AF-style markup both
> for namespaces and for XLink because I thought you ended up
> with ugly, error-prone markup

Funny how perspectives differ.  Some hear "cologne"; some see, well,
"colon".

New World odors aside, attributes are just attributes; does anyone
really find colonized instances "pretty"?  To me they resemble rabid
Rottweilers let loose in the Louvre.

(And as to error-prone, uncountable email and newsgroup threads later,
... no comment.)

/Jelks