   Infoset chewing gum (was Re: [xml-dev] linking, 80/20)

Erik Wilde writes:
> but if you really want to support infoset
> extensions, then you have to go all the way.

That would be precisely my point, and I do not support Infoset
extensions in the least.

If you can't solve a markup problem in a way which remains amendable to
direct XML 1.0 representation, I'm not sure the problem is worth solving
in that way.  Infoset extensions of the sort you suggest strike me as
the worst kind of duct tape and chewing gum.  If we need those kinds of
patches, there's a problem deeper down that needs to be solved instead.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether