   Re: [xml-dev] linking, 80/20

Erik Wilde writes:
> i don't know sax too well, but shouldn't there already exist such a
> case for 'attributes' and 'namespace attributes' of an element, so
> that when an attribute declaring a namespace is being parsed, two
> events could be raised? how does handle sax this?

You can do that, but the SAX code gets very very messy.  State
management is always a challenge, but this makes it more creative, and
I'm not sure how to handle things like events for attributes, which are
considered part of the startElement() event in SAX.

I decided last year that I'd prefer an API which passes events as
complex object rather than strings (also making it possible to build
trees from those possibly annotated objects) and created Markup Object
Events (MOE) [1], but I can't say the idea has taken the world by storm.

(Yes, you can do PSVI and other annotations in MOE.  I prefer not to, of
course!)

[1] - http://moe.sourceforge.net

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether