   Re: [xml-dev] the infoset is two infosets (or even three?) [was:

AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:
> I hesitate to comment on this having twice had my knuckles rapped this
> week - by Tim Bray and Norman Walsh - for believing what a W3C Rec
> states... :) ... but the Namespace in XML Recommendation seems to say
> the opposite to what you "repeat, ad nauseam":

i guess the infoset gets it just right by defining that namespace
declarations are in fact attributes, but special attributes. telling
people that namespace declarations are not attributes seems to be
motivated (at least i think so) by the attempt to save people from poor
implementations which are not smart enough to see namespace declarations
as special attributes (and maybe they should even complain if people try
to create 'regular' attributes which appear to have namespace
declaration syntax).

cheers,

dret.