   Re: [xml-dev] ANN: Tiny API for Markup, Parser

Eric van der Vlist writes:
> On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 20:13, Tim Bray wrote:
> > Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> >
> > > This parser is _not_ XML 1.0-compliant, ...
>
> > Hehe.  Sounds like an XML-SW parser to me.  -Tim
>
> But, shouldn't we be really nervous about things that have XML in
> their name but don't enforce well-formedness ?  :-)))
>
> TAM is a careful name indeed!

It's careful, but not really for those reasons.  I'm trying consciously
to talk and develop more and more about markup generally than about XML
in particular.  (Markup Object Events follows the same pattern.)

While I still tend to describe XML as a 'canonical' form of markup, I'd
strongly encourage people to use the TAM API for other forms of markup
if it seems appropriate.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether