   RE: [xml-dev] A multi-step approach on defining object-oriented nature o

  • To: "Sam Hunting" <shunting@etopicality.com>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] A multi-step approach on defining object-oriented nature of DOM
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:58:25 -0700
  • Cc: "Mike Champion" <mc@xegesis.org>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

The target audience of the infoset REC was authors of specifications and
the readers of said specs and not end users. I quote from the
introduction

"This specification defines an abstract data set called the XML
Information Set (Infoset). Its purpose is to provide a consistent set of
definitions for use in other specifications that need to refer to the
information in a well-formed XML document [XML]. "

[0] http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/#intro

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Putting in a request to go home early is the best way to jinx yourself

rights.