   Re: [xml-dev] A multi-step approach on defining object-orientednatureof

Paul Prescod writes:
> Mike Champion wrote:
> > I'm not sure what point I'm making here, other than maybe the
various
> > W3C WGs who took different approaches to the namespace problem
weren't
> > necessarily stupid, even if it looks like it in 20:20 hindsight :-)
>
> Namespaces should never have been scoped. That's a big part of what
> drove the implementation complexity up to such a large degree.

Writing most of MOE took me about three weeks.  Adding namespace-scoping
support took about an additional six weeks - and that was without having
to deal with a committee.

Fortunately, I was able to reuse most of that logic, suitably
compressed, for the TAM parser, but while it's doable, it's not much
fun.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether