   Re: [xml-dev] Lindasphere, XML spaces, RELAX NG ??? (was Re: [xml-dev] A

Google certainly goes flat on it!  Great name, though.

There exists the open source (Java, Apache license) jxtaSpaces at
http://jxtaspaces.jxta.org

I have heard of another open source tuplespace project that uses SOAP,
though I don't know what its status is at the moment.

Jack

At 01:19 PM 8/22/2002 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>Mike Champion scripsit:
>
> > Could you elaborate your thoughts please John, perhaps with some pointers
> > to resources on the web explaining the Lindasphere?
>
>I made up that term: it's officially the "tuple space".  Linda is a method
>of doing parallel/distributed processing with minimal coupling.  Linda
>applications write tuples (records) into the tuple space, and then
>they remain there until removed by other Linda applications, which have
>the choice of accepting or peeking based on pattern matching.
>
>A natural generalization of Linda would go from tuples to full trees, and
>from simple pattern matching (based on some tuple elements having specific
>values) to recognition based on validation against a schema.
>
> >  Pointers to real
> > projects using RELAX NG in this way would also be appreciated.
>
>It would be pretty surprising if I had any, since I made up the notion
>about five seconds before writing the paragraph that mentions it!
>Which is not to deny that someone else could have made it up first.
>
>--
>John Cowan                                   jcowan@reutershealth.com
>         "You need a change: try Canada"  "You need a change: try China"
>                 --fortune cookies opened by a couple that I know

XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.

NexistWiki
http://www.nexist.org/wiki/