   Re: [xml-dev] How to get realistic expectations for Namespaces (was Best

Rick Jelliffe scripsit:

> For example, apart from the xml: and xmlns: built-in namespaces, has there
> even been any QNamed attributes that have succeeded?  Or any
> QNamed inline elements (not having an ancestor in the same namespace)?

It's not the case that XML vocabularies "succeed" if and only if they have
a huge public practice.  Reuters Health articles embed an rdf:Description
element into html:head, and this "succeeds" in the sense that our
customers successfully figure out what to do with it.  We supply a DTD
(and any other schema type on demand, but no demand yet) specifying how
to mix the subset of XHTML with the subset of RDF that we use.

--
John Cowan       http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
                Clear all so!  `Tis a Jute.... (Finnegans Wake 16.5)