   Re: [xml-dev] How to implement getElementById() with Xerces using XMLSch

[H.-Gerd Rosarius]

> If I use a DTD to specify my id-attribute and assign it to my
> XML file, getElementByID() returns an object of type Element.
> If I use a XML Schema I get 'null' instead.

It does not work because you have not declared your "id" attribute to be of
type ID.   Type NMTOKEN is NOT the same as type ID (although the lexical
rules are the same).  So use xs:ID. Fix this declaration:

<xs:attribute name="id" type="xs:NMTOKEN" use="required"/>

Cheers,

Tom P