   Re: [xml-dev] XLink and XForms

"J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@yahoo.de> wrote:

| Well, there are still IDs which can be used for references within the
| same document, or, slightly more general, names.

Bingo.  Thank you.

| I wonder every time whether the SGML fundamentalists on this list can
| read the XForm spec without running amok <evil grin>.

Chapter 2 is useless to understand the material in the "reference manual".
It might have been better to explicate well-rounded use cases.  Of course,
I gave the supplied schema a shot and quickly got lost in all the pointy
brackets, quoted strings and colonified names.

Oh, I'm supposed to use software to make the schema readable!  Sorry, I
forgot.

[Years ago, one day I happened to be sitting in the cafeteria of Uris
Hall, which houses Columbia University's Business School.  The tables were
large and circular, with space for up to eight people to sit comfortably,
and thus ideal for the "work group on project" style of the curriculum.
One such group gathered at the table next to mine and began discussing
their current assignment.  At some point, this snippet floated across:

   "Hey, what's a hundred thousand into a hundred?"
   "Wait, let me get my calculator out."

Teleological inperatives abound.]