   RE: [xml-dev] Don't Let Architecture Astronauts Scare You

Hi
Mike says:

> The architecture of products we use
> year in/year out tend to evolve from the experiments of individual
> craftpeople rather than being handed down by the Intelligent Designer.

Didier replies:
In the case of the web and for most of the existing project yes. We can
also say that these people are building things in accordance to an
explicit or tacit architecture. Or we should say more precisely,
following a set of explicit or tacit rules. Generally, the whole system
works well when people follow these rules without too much deviance from
the mean or, said differently, by introducing errors. Otherwise when the
deviance is becoming more common practice and error occurs more often,
we can assist to a breakdowns in the system. When the errors are to
numerous, the system simply dies and a new one is required. Without
rules, forget about constructive collective efforts. The web was built
on rules defined by a few at the beginning and re-enforced by free or
non-free products like Apache, Netscape, etc... The web developers where
simply following the rules and constraints imposed by these tools.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin