   RE: [xml-dev] Don't Let Architecture Astronauts Scare You

Didier replies

> Or we should say more precisely, following
> a set of explicit or tacit rules.

There is a big difference between following tacit rules and being an
architecture astronaut.  The former is typical a craftsman...the latter an
"engineer" (in the bad sense of the word).

I would speculate that many of the works of art in this world (be they
architecture in the physical structure sense, elegant software, scalable
infrastructure, visual arts, literature and such) owe their existence more to
craftsmanship than engineering.

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com