   Re: [xml-dev] Can i specify more than one root element in the specificat

Thomas B. Passin wrote:

> Any one xml document can only have one root element, but an XML Schema
> allows any global element to be the root of an instance document.  So Vinood
> can write a schema to allow (a choice of) several root elements.

I remember this was confusing for me in my first attempts with W3C XML
Schema. My initial impression was that such a spec would allow me to
define all my types us global components, while giving me the ability to
explicitly choose which ones can possibly play the role of the
documentElement...

Cheers,

Manos