   RE: [xml-dev] Rethinking namespaces, attribute remapping (wasRe:[xml-dev

  • To: "Eric van der Vlist" <vdv@dyomedea.com>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Rethinking namespaces, attribute remapping (wasRe:[xml-dev] TAG on HLink)
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 07:57:32 -0700
  • Cc: "Mike Champion" <mc@xegesis.org>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

In the case of schema it really depends on what kind of processing is being done. In general, most people I know feel that xsi:schemaLocation is a bad idea and are quite glad that it is merely a hint in the W3C XML Schema REC and not something required to be processed.

Of course, currently there aren't applications that consume the PSVI so it isn't much of a problem seperating schema and XML instance although once they arise I may reconsider my position. For XQuery/XSLT 2.0/XPath 2.0, I would still say nay to xsi:schemaLocation