   RE: [xml-dev] XPath/XSLT 2.0 concerns

It would be nice. Too bad XQuery/XPath 2.0/XSLT 2.0 won't be giving you this in any sort of useful manner.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: J.Pietschmann [mailto:j3322ptm@yahoo.de]
	Sent: Thu 10/3/2002 10:09 AM
	To: Jeni Tennison
	Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
	Subject: Re: [xml-dev] XPath/XSLT 2.0 concerns

	However, I can see a schema aware XSLT as a development
	aid, the same sense as a type system for other progarmming
	languages. Wouldn't it be nice to get warnings that
	select="record/filed" is always empty (because of the typo)
	and that 1+customername might be non-numeric? I belive
	it could catch a lot of small problems in early development
	stage which otherwise could even evade quite serious testing.