   RE: [xml-dev] XPath/XSLT 2.0 concerns

Why to avoid these kinds of projects:
from a presentation on the JusticeXML Data Dictionary

"(OK . BUT . Federal XML Schema Developer's Guide
 says avoid use of attributes) "

That typical Beltway statement
of course, eliminated several perfectly
workable and simple design alternatives to the problem
they were trying to solve and forced them into
types.  So the stupid begun by a wonk who did not
understand markup or data models in general
but did listen to someone who told them what they
read on a list somewhere infects a design and turns
simple into complex.

And I will have to throw their work into the
O-bin because I won't perpetuate nonsense on
a customer.  Anyone who seriously believes
markets are governed by standards has worked
on too many standards and not in enough markets.

Do what makes sense to you.  Otherwise, nothing
you do will make sense.

len

From: Norman Walsh [mailto:ndw@nwalsh.com]

It's definitely the social problems that are the hardest to manage.
You get all sorts of tensions.