   Re: [xml-dev] What is a rational user to do? (was RE: [xml-dev] xsdvalid

Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> Mike Champion wrote:
>
>>I lean toward a synthesis of the positions that John Cowan
>>and Walter Perry were taking earlier in this non-silly
>>thread: Tell your information suppliers what format
>>you would really and truly prefer them to communicate to
>>you in, but be prepared to "mine" whatever they send you
>>to extract the information that *you* need to do *your* job.
>
> That seems like a very reasonable approach,

Not only that, but it's kind of what's happening.  If I may indulge in
horrid overgeneralization, there seem to be two kinds of XML projects:
those where they send some emails and examples back and forth and are
now in production, and those where they strike a task force to assemble
the schemas, and the project is still in committee stage. -Tim