   Re: RE: RE: [xml-dev] Great piece on RSS

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" scripsit:

> Do we want Google to "evolve" into a business
> registry where the opinions of the competitors
> determine the ranking instead of the registered
> assertions of the vendor so registered?

Google counts the scalar number of opinions, not the vector sum of their
intensities.

> I believe hang gliders can evolve into airplanes
> as long as their is **some form of memory** involved.

Didn't airplanes, on the contrary, evolve into hang gliders?  It seems
clear that lungs evolved into fish swim-bladders, not vice versa: the
common ancestor had lungs, and swim bladders evolved two separate times.
The alternative, that swim bladders are ancestral and lungs evolved four
separate times, is far more unpalatable.

http://nuzban.wiw.org/wiki/index.php?Elephant which will be next year's project.

> A successful design organization that can effectively
> turn complex designs into reliable systems focuses
> on team building as the first job of management.  MS
> beats their competitors every time that way.

Sorry, I can't swallow statements that put "MS" and "reliability"
in the same vicinity, not even from self-proclaimed Thralls.

--
We call nothing profound                        jcowan@reutershealth.com
that is not wittily expressed.                  John Cowan