   Processing huge XML files

  • To: xml-dev <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Processing huge XML files
  • From: Thomas Lee <ytlee@cecid.hku.hk>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:43:16 +0800

Hi all,

We need to process very large XML files (up to a few ten MB). So we
can't process the whole file with DOM in memory. We are prepared to use
SAX to parse a large XML file and store into our data structure in the
disk (propietary data structure or RDBMS). We'll also provide a set of
APIs for access the contents in the XML file. Now the XML content change
is not required.

However, instead of developing a customized solution, I'd like to know
if there is any existing tools and library handling large XML files in disk.

Regards,
Thomas

--
   Thomas Y.T. LEE