   Re: [xml-dev] Processing huge XML files

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 09:43:16AM +0800, Thomas Lee wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We need to process very large XML files (up to a few ten MB). So we
> can't process the whole file with DOM in memory. We are prepared to use
> SAX to parse a large XML file and store into our data structure in the
> disk (propietary data structure or RDBMS). We'll also provide a set of
> APIs for access the contents in the XML file. Now the XML content change
> is not required.
>
> However, instead of developing a customized solution, I'd like to know
> if there is any existing tools and library handling large XML files in disk.

XML::Twig (in Perl)

    http://search.cpan.org/author/MIROD/XML-Twig-3.08/Twig.pm

is an ideal way of handling large files containing XML data structures
(as opposed to document oriented XML): you configure it to parse an
particular element (or set of elements) in to a data structure one at a
time, then handle those data structures.

- Barrie