   RE: RE: [xml-dev] XDocs and XForms?

It means they got there first, Mike.  MS is
stepping out front and ahead of the standards
with running code.  That is how this is supposed
to work.  Even Dr. Goldfarb recognizes it as
progress. (Hey, now I know what Paoli has
been doing.)

I'm mystified as to why you would think this
would all go into IE.  Surely by now you've
come to understand that a web browser based
on HTML is a boat anchor.  A tag-soup
browser was and always has been a short sighted,
way to implement a hypermedia system.  We knew it
in 1993.  The world needed training wheels
and UofC and Berners-Lee gave them
that.  It is almost a decade later, and
having repeated a decade of hypertext
research, fixing some nits, and getting
markup out there instead of gencode,
the time of the browser-centric web is
coming to an end for enterprise developers.
HTML is a great thing for the novice but it
has been pushed as far as gencoding can
go and probably a bit further than was
smart.  It's time to move ahead.

I'm look forward to XDocs.  This should be fun
to finally see in a commercial framework.  The
CRM guys should love it.

len