   RE: [xml-dev] XDocs and XForms?

10/15/2002 2:50:04 PM, "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com> wrote:

>I assume you meant XDocs and not XForms

Duh! Sorry.

> Forgive me but I was not aware that
> there was supposed to be a linkage between XDocs and XForms.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems from the 10,000 ft. level
that XDocs and XForms descriptions seems to be saying much the
same thing.  Granted one is a product and one is a markup language,
but at some level Word and HTML have a "linkage" in that they are
used in very similar usage scenarios to meet similar requirements.
A documentation analyst has to think "do I use Word for this, or do
I use HTML?"  I presume that if both XDocs and XForms become viable
technologies, then business process analysts are going to ask
"do I use XDocs or do I use XForms" for some application.

If I weren't confused I wouldn't have asked :-)