   Future of XSL-FO at W3C??

I have another question arising out of the mismatch of WG Charters and
progress (or lack of it) on the ground.

My question is what future does XSL-FO have at the W3C?

The XSL-FO WG charter,
http://www.w3.org/Style/2000/xsl-charter.html
indicates that a Requirements document for XSL/XSL-FO version 2.0 should have
been produced before the XSL 1.0 Candidate Recommendation.

To the best of my knowledge, more than a year *after* the XSL 1.0 CR, there
is still no publicly available XSL/XSL-FO Requirements document. Did I miss
it?

Assuming that I didn't miss an existing document what is one to read into
this enormous delay? Also, how is one to interpret the future of a
specification where the Charter expires in December 2002 with, supposedly, an
XSL-FO 2.0 Recommendation as the product?

Somehow I don't envisage the production of a Requirements document leading to
a REC in a little over two and half months.

So what gives?

Clearly, there is slippage on XSLT 2.0/XPath 2.0 too. But if there is an
intent to further develop XSL-FO at the W3C when may we expect to see the
long-promised "XSL 2.0" Requirements document? Can we assume that the XSL WG
Charter is to be extended? I assume it must be if XSLT 2.0/XPath 2.0 are to
be taken through to REC.

Anyone care to eludicate the situation?

Andrew Watt