   Re: [xml-dev] Future of XSL-FO at W3C??

** Reply to message from AndrewWatt2000@aol.com on Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:48:57 EDT

> > Why is it easier to generate class="foo" in the XSLT together with
> > some css styling for .foo than to generate that set of attributes
> > directly in the XSLT using an attribute set or variable containing a set
> > of attribute nodes? I don't understand.
>
> David,
>
> If a document / page / site is to be re-styled it is much easier, and more
> efficient, to simply change an external CSS style sheet than to adjust
> presentation attributes everywhere in a document.

I'm in complete agreement here.  Once I have created the general structure of a
document using FO, I often need to tweak the layout parameters, and it would be
easier if I could do this by editing an external CSS stylesheet, rather than by
having to regenerate the FO.

	Cheers,
		Tony.
====
Anthony B. Coates, Information & Software Architect
mailto:abcoates@TheOffice.net
MDDL Editor (Market Data Definition Language)
http://www.mddl.org/