   Re: [xml-dev] The Browser Wars are Dead! Long Live the Browser Wars!

** Reply to message from "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com> on Mon, 21 Oct
2002 03:58:32 -0700

> This has little to do with the differences between relational and XML
> querying. All you've pointed out is that XML queries are typically done
> against a "view" while SQL queries are typically run against an actual
> database schema. A query against XML can be similarly tightly coupled if
> done against an XML repository (i.e. a native XML or XML-enabled DBMS)
> as can a SQL query be loosely coupled if performed against a SQL view.

Sorry, I should have written "SQL/XQuery" instead of "SQL".  From the point of
view of the discussion, XQuery is as likely to be as tightly bound to physical
schemas as SQL.  I was talking more of declarative messaging-style XML queries
that do not implement a formal query language.

	Cheers,
		Tony.
====
Anthony B. Coates, Information & Software Architect
mailto:abcoates@TheOffice.net
MDDL Editor (Market Data Definition Language)
http://www.mddl.org/